So this dress is a re-creation of this dress from ASOS, but I didn't want mine to have a low back so I made one with a scooped back instead. I used this lace from Etsy and cream satin from Joann's for the lining. I'm pretty sure it's this listing (in ivory) but I'm not sure so don't hold me to that.
The bodice was a little hard to figure out at first, I had to figure out how the zipper was going to work with the overlaying lace and the lining underneath. But in the end I just used the same pattern piece for each layer but didn't do waist darts for the lace, and sewed them both into the zipper in the back. That makes no sense but it worked perfectly! haha
The zipper is just a 12" invisible one from Joann's.
The bodice has french seams where possible (not on the zipper, and curved seams) and then the neckline is a bias finishing.
Fabric: Off-White Lace from Etsy

This dress, location, you... the whole picture is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteRachel thank you so much! Sorry this is such a late reply, I still had to tell you thank you though because this was such a sweet comment.
DeleteBeautiful dress! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Nayla!
DeleteSTOP. This dress is the cutest thing EVER! You seriously need to do a fashion show, people would love your work. But holy dang I love this dress! I think it's cuter than the ASOS one. I want to see a close-up of the back!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Kailee! What a compliment coming from you, thank you!! Sorry this is forever and a day late by the way, haha seriously thank you though
DeleteSome of the best sewing blog photos I've ever seen. Really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow THANK YOU. Man compliment of the century, thank you so much Suzie.
DeleteLovely! It's perfectly light!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Can thank Mother Nature for that one :) since I certainly didn't have any part in it. haha
Deletegorgeous dress and gorgeous photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
DeleteBeautiful & ethereal. Gorgeous pictures too x
ReplyDeleteThis dress is gorgeous! And your photos are amazing :)
ReplyDeleteAhh thank you, that's so nice to say,
DeleteBreathtaking!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shantel! (Ignore that this is like 3 months late.. haha)
DeleteWow! You are such a talent. Beautiful dress and photo shoot! Worth the long drive!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa!! Definitely agree, I love exploring new places like this so it definitely made it worth it. (Though I wasn't the one driving or paying for the gas so maybe I should let that person be the decision maker, haha)
DeleteYou're so talented! What a stunning dress and breathtaking location!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Marie!! Love your name by the way, that's my middle name. :)
DeleteAbsolutely stunning! What a gorgeous dress!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Margo!!
DeleteAMAZING! You are beautiful and so talented. Great work!
ReplyDeleteMcKenzie thank you!! That seriously means a lot from me coming from you, thank you. (Yes this is forever late, haha)
DeleteSuch a truly beautiful dress, serene and professional photos! Worth a 3hr trip!
ReplyDelete
DeleteThank you so much. What a nice comment, thank you!!
absolutely breathtaking, you, the dress, the photos, the scenery! kudos to your mom too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Oona :) I love getting comments from you, they are always so nice and sincere Oona.
DeleteWow so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl!!
DeleteThis dress is so adorable and it looks great on you!
ReplyDeletewww.maiattique.com.au
DeleteThanks so much Emily!!
What a dreamy dress and in such a stunning location.
ReplyDeletebeautiful dress, it turned out great!
ReplyDeleteThanks Havalah! Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate it
DeleteLove that white midi dress! I’m usually a short dress/skirt kind of person too, but I love the way midis look! They add a hint of sophistication :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Ya I'm definitely on the midi skirt bandwagon, I'm a bit obsessed at the moment! haha I love short dresses though too :)
DeleteYou look DARLING! Like a floaty ethereal angel :)
ReplyDeleteWow compliment of the year, thank you!!
DeleteGreat your all outfit looks nice. i think this are the best midi dress.
ReplyDeleteThis is really, really beautiful! As always, your work is perfect! And the setting- wow! Gorgeous pics!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sonja!!
DeleteCould. Not. Be. Cuter. What a perfect remake!! The pictures are stunning also =D
ReplyDeleteOk you are the cutest, and sweetest, thank you!!
DeleteGreat dress!
ReplyDeletesoelliee.blogspot.com
Thanks Ellie!
DeleteLovely dress!
ReplyDelete
DeleteThanks so much Mariana!
Haylee I love this! Please open an etsy shop. ;) Can't get over how talented you are!
ReplyDeleteLily!! I miss you girl, long time no talk. Thanks by the way, that of course means a TON coming from the miss stylist herself. :) Thanks girl!
DeleteWhat a great make! it's all sorts of awesome sauce!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Carmen!!
DeleteAmazing ♥
ReplyDeleteThanks Lucy!
DeleteThe dress looks absoloutely beautiful x
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Wiktoria!
DeleteGreat post my dear :)
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeletePerfect piece of information about women’s dresses! Every picture is so beautiful. Midi dresses are absolutely perfect for almost every occasion. You can easily grab the eyeballs of every attendee present in the party with a White Midi Dress available in different styles in physical shops and web stores. It would be great if you can share more posts about women’s dresses. Thanks!
Regards,
Alexandra R.
You are looking so incredible in this crochet lace midi dress .Looking wonderful in this dress.This blog is really so awesome and useful. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely stunning cloth. The midi dress is really having a moment & it is perfect for pulling off this season’s demure ladylike trends. This colour of your midi dress is adorable. The darker you are in skin tone, the darker shade of white will best suit you.
ReplyDeleteSource: Chic Womens Clothing
I like this dress tell me how can i get that.,?
ReplyDeletewhite lace dress
This is amazing. I love the color. I wish I could pull off wearing it myself!
ReplyDeleteInteresting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
ReplyDeleteThanks so much !
bridal dresses edinburgh & Bridal wedding dresses Edinburgh
Thanks for sharing, i think lace dress
ReplyDeleteis indispensable to the fashion world, and never go out of style.do you think so ??