Create Your Own: J.Crew Ponte Knit Dress

Sunday, April 13, 2014

 photo BlackPonteKnitInspirationwithNumbers_zpsb1cf9ef8.jpg

1 | 2


I love this dress! Unfortunately it's sold out (and probably was out of my price range anyways. haha) So here's a DIY version. I was thinking Vogue 8615 would be best and then just adjust the neckline a bit. Or else I really like the pockets on Simplicity 7091. It's a pretty simple dress so you've got some wiggle room as far as patterns go. 

Off topic but sorry for being so MIA lately. I've got some other things going on at the moment that are consuming my time but I hope to be back soon. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who follows my blog because it really means a lot that you do. Really. I get e-mails from Bloglovin' when new people follow my blog and it seriously makes me so happy every single time. haha
Sending love to you all!

13 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you, Haylee! I hope you had a lovely holiday season. Can you believe tomorrow is Valentine's Day?! I love the classic look of that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! I know I feel like 2014 has gone by soo quickly so far. I've heard as you get older years just go by faster and faster so it honestly kind of worries me that that's already starting to happen to me. haha thanks so much for this nice comment though. I hope you have a Happy Valentine's day tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I made a ponte dress from vogue 8615 and loved it :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no way!? I'd love to see a pic! Great minds think a like I guess. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this dress it such a timeless piece! one more follower was added to you collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh this comment was so sweet Weronika, thank you so much. Right back at you by the way, I'm really excited to have found your blog! I'm glad you commented so I was able to find it, welcome to the "blogging world" by the way :)

      Delete
  4. J. Crew always does it right, don' they?

    No worries about being MIA. We'll always be here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they though? I swear I could spend so much money at the store if I could. Thanks by the way Madalynne. I love that about the sewing community, how open and welcoming it is. You guys are all awesome, I'm blessed to be able to be apart of it at all. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sonja, I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  6. Great inspiration dress! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAYLEE WHY ARE YOU SO COOL. I'm pretty sure that's how all of my comments on your blog start out, haha. I totally get you on the whole MIA thing, sometimes blogging just isn't a priority! I've been in the same boat lately, too. Also, guess who is officially moving to the good ole' provo in the fall?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CasiDee we absolutely HAVE to meet up once you're! How fun to have you close by finally! I'm only sad I won't be going to UVU any longer, talk about crappy timing! But ya we'll have to hang out for sure, yay I'm seriously getting so pumped to have you around! Do you know where you'll be living yet?

      Delete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger