6 Things You Should Know

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Participating in this blog link-up thing today because Rylee nominated me and if that isn't the biggest compliment ever, I don't know what is! ha so here we go you guys..
 
1. spill. what's your guilty pleasure? 
Lately diet soda. Guys I hate myself for this! I have never been into diet soda or soda in general until like the past month. But those darn Frescas at Brick Oven have got me hooked. Also Tinder, We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus (not the music video, yuck), and sleeping in big t-shirts with no pants on. hahaha you know we all do it. 

2. hurry, take a quick piccy of your outfit today! name your favorite thing about what you're wearing or give us a little note about your personal style and what it means to you. 


Oh look at me trying to be all nonchalant or something. haha I'm cringing at myself, but this is what I wore today and this dress holds a special place in my heart because it was one of the first dresses I made that I actually liked how it turned out.
3. any beauty secrets you're currently loving? 
Ok so you know how you use that eyelash curler thing before you put on mascara? Well I recently figured out that if you heat it up first using your blow dryer (or straightener, or whatever's plugged in) then it will work a million times better. And this matters because properly curled eyelashes look SO much longer. I have been asked if I have fake eyelashes so many times lately and I swear it's because of this.
 
4. who has been the most inspiring person for you? why? 
I'm going to switch this question up a little bit because I cannot decide between my brother and my parents so instead I am going to say 5 bloggers that inspire me. I figured other bloggers would be more interested in reading that anyways. 
+ Grace. You know how there are those blogs where you just get so excited to get an update from? That is Grace's blog for me, this girl is amazing. Her photography is amazing, she's a pre-med/down to earth/model-look-alike all wrapped up into one and she had the most amazing wedding dress ever. 
Barefoot Blonde. Amber is completely gorgeous, I think that part can go left unsaid. But she also responds to every. single. comment left on her blog! Or most of them at least. Guys her blog is huge, that takes a lot of time and dedication and I just think it's really cool. Shows that she's aware of her readers. 
Rylee Blake. No it's not because of this award, she was already definitely on my list of top 10 favorite blogs. Why? Because she's so freaking real. Reading her blog is like talking to your best friend, it's awesome and so refreshing. I also love that she always has a "share the love" kind of attitude. If she knows something, she's going to share it. She doesn't keep all her amazing blog design knowledge to herself and I really appreciate that.   
Cirque Du Bebe. Ok this girl, loove everything she makes. Sophie has a definite eye for design and her Tania Culottes make me seriously consider making some of my own. (Something I never thought I would say. But hey I said that with skinny jeans too so I guess that's not saying much.)  

5. favorite song off the top of your head. don't think about it. just go (and provide a link if you can)! 
Royals by Lorde thanks to the lovely CasiDee

6. what's a personal trial that you've had to overcome? 
I have a really hard time letting people into my life. I get scared so I put on a front, push people away, pretend to be real, you know the deal. This obviously sucks but I'm working on it and feel like I've gotten a bit better maybe? A little bit? I don't know, probably not. I really want to though, because I know rejection hurts but missing out entirely seems like it would be way worse. 
Well not to end on such a negative note like that. Sorry about that you guys, but here are the lovely ladies that I'm wanting to get to know better. 
Madeleine
CaLea
Emma
Paunnet
Questions (feel free to pick and choose)..
1. Inspired by this post, what are some of your biggest social media pet peeves? 
2. If someone gave you $100 today, how would you spend it? (Let's just say you can't save it or use it towards bills.)
3. Go into your history and make a list of all the things you've Googled in the past 24 hours. Yes EVERYTHING, this will be fun for some of you. (Like me who googles embarrassing things like who Chase Crawford's current girlfriend is. haha but that's what makes this question fun.) 
4. What is a current trend that you just don't get? 
5. What are you currently celebrating? Can be anything- big or small. 
6. What are 3 things that you had to learn the hard way?

P.S. This is totally open to anyone who wants participate! Just leave a link down below because I don't want to miss out on your answers. :)

61 comments:

  1. you. are. so CUTE!!!!!!!!! I'm SO happy we got to meet! Seriously!! You are the sweetest ever! I hope to see you again soon! Also, I've been blow drying my eyelash curler forever, and it seriously is the best ever!!!! Works WAY better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel it was seriously SO good to finally get to meet you. I remember thinking after I left how just when I thought you couldn't get any more perfect you totally proved me wrong. ha seriously you are the cutest thing and I now know you have the personality to match it. Oh and sorry by the way that I was kind of awkward at the meet-up. haha I seriously was kind of starstruck to see you guys. But it was so good to meet you and we definitely need to have another one soon!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to some great bloggers:) You always look gorgeous in your photos- that dress is beautiful and as always I'm amazed by your talent!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much cute girl! And you definitely won't be disappointed, they're all amazing. By the way guess what might be happening in August? Trip to NY!! So if it does we're going to Think Closet and hanging out at least one of the days.



      Delete
    2. Ahhhhhhhh just saw this comment and YES OMG YES.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. haha ahh now I'm all curious who this is now.

      Delete
  4. I love such posts, getting to know the bloggers better, yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They're fun to fill out surprisingly too. You should do one too! :)

      Delete
  5. "trying to be nonchalant" my behind. Girl, you are rocking it! Such a hottie! And okay, that dress is the cutest. Such a great fit and color on you! This might be a really stupid question-but do you buy clothes that often? Or do you tend to make most of your clothes? Haha yeah, that was kind of stupid...but you get what I'm trying to ask-right? Thanks for the little shout out, I'm basically jumping up and down with excitement right now!! Isn't that song the best? I'm constantly listening to it on repeat-my family is so sick of it. ;) I'm super excited to check these other bloggers out, and I might just have to do a "6 things" post of my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CasiDee you are so freaking sweet, thanks cute girl. :) And not a stupid question at all! Seriously I get asked that all the time, don't worry. I make about 90% of my skirts and dresses, and then maybe like 40% of my shirts? And then jeans I do not touch. ha I figure they're hard enough to find good fitting pairs in stores let alone trying to make a homemade pair look good. So no I definitely still buy a big part of my wardrobe!

      And thank YOU for suggesting that song. Seriously it is still on repeat on my phone. haha I love your taste in music.

      Delete
  6. I'm so flattered Haylee!! And my goodness I love your blog! You've definitely got a new follower, thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Grace! That of course means a lot coming from you. And I met every word!

      Delete
  7. Teeheeheehee, I definitely said the same thing about culottes AND skinny jeans! I'm trying not to immediately write off fashion trends so I don't have to take back everything I said later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know though right? Just watch, I will have a pair of culottes within the next month. I'm glad to know you're right there with me Sonja. :)

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to try the eyelash curler trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Kacie! You won't be disappointed. Just make sure you don't touch the skin surrounding your eye with the hot metal- that kills!! haha, I'm making it sound so dangerous but it isn't I swear, you just have to be a little careful. :)

      Delete
  9. You ARE so cute. I do love the picture of you by the white wall. I wonder where that house is actually, good pick of backdrop. And I know about drinking sodas when you work at a restaurant, I think it comes with the job. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by the mental state hospital down on center street. I'll show you where it is when you COME THIS WEEK!!!

      Delete
  10. I had no idea about the eyelash curler! That's a brilliant idea. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle :) I know I feel so proud of myself because I can finally say I figured out something like that without finding it on Pinterest or something. haha, though I know I'm not the only one who has thought of doing that before, but at least I can pretend like I am right? ;)

      Delete
  11. Haylee you are simple the cutest! you also make me what to sew, but i have no idea how to fix my sewing machine... booooohhh. also i had a friend who had a lighter in her make-up bah to heat up her eyelash curler...yikes, i like the idea of a blow dryer better.

    also i was totally addicted to tinder for a few months last semester, it's a brilliant time waster. i get it gurl. (also fun fact my good friend met her fiance on tinder...whuuuut?)

    and since i'm bored, imma gonna answer all dem questions.
    1. overly personal facebook status about and ex or something, which leaves me uncomfortable...yet curious.
    2. i was just telling my boyfriend that i really wanna buy a polaroid camera (acutally and instax camera cause it's cheaper) and a bunch of film, but for some reason i just have never bought it... i've wanted one for yeaarrsss.
    3. i'm not sure how to look up my history, but i did get on youtube for several hours yesterday watching Jennifer Lawrence videos...
    4. trends: ombre? i think sometimes it's really awesome, and some times it looks like your hair was dipped in bleach, mostly i don't get it because it seems like one of those hairstyles we're gonna make fun of when we get older. like those bangs our moms all had in the 80s
    5. Still high on the fact that i'm gonna be Auntie Em to a little boy!
    6. shoot, i'm simultaneously trying to think of three funny things that i've learned the hard way, and three super deep philosophical things. and now i'm stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I'm dying that your friend met her fiancé on Tinder, that actually scares me to think it actually works! Thankfully I'm slowly getting over it now- I was way too hooked for a while there. haha not good!

      Ah and thank you so much for answering my questions! I was smiling so hard reading all of these. Congrats on the Auntie status!! And big AMEN to the overly personal Facebook statuses. Or the ones that are like, "I love her soo much, why did she have to go?"- ahh so awkward.
      And k now I'm totally finding myself googling Jennifer Lawrence videos on YouTube, haha she is the greatest of all time.

      Delete
  12. ^^^ holy shiz thats a long comment. sorrynotsorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even think about apologizing for one second, I seriously loved reading that so much! Thanks for taking time to do that.

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh that is the most adorable dress and you are SO gorgeous. Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are THE nicest person ever. Especially since this is anonymous and you could easily say anything you wanted, rude or not. So really thanks so much. It truly means a lot, (I just wish I knew who you were!)

      Delete
  14. I just found your blog and I'm so glad that you commented on mine so I could find it! You're so talented at sewing, and I loved your summer bucket list post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sam! Now I just need to get better at actually crossing some of the things off. ha I can cross the blogger meet-up one off at least though! It was so nice getting to meet you at that by the way! You are the cutest and I really enjoyed getting to talk to you.

      Delete
  15. Love your blog! I'm glad you found mine and left a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your dress! Thanks for the tip about heating up your eyelash curlers, I tried it this morning and it worked a treat, I now have movie-star lashes (well, almost).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes! I'm so glad it worked for you, and now you can bat you're beautiful long eyelashes along with that beautiful self-made wardrobe of yours. :)

      Delete
  17. Just stumbled across your blog and oh my goodness, I love it! You are just the cutest thing ever! Also, that dress. Oh my goodness, sooo stinking adorable.

    xoxoivylauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I already thanked you for this comment but thanks again sweet girl! :)

      Delete
  18. that dress is so cute! so impressive that you made it yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessi! It's really not that impressive, I promise. Just takes a needle and some thread!

      Delete
  19. Love the dress! I've made a dress before, I should do it again sometime. And now I really want to go heat up a curling wand... :)
    Of Thoughts and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You will never go back, I'm telling you. Thanks for the sweet comment Ashley!

      Delete
  20. That dress is too adorable! You look like you stepped out of a fashion magazine. You're so gorgeous!
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Callie! Biggest compliment ever, haha thank you!

      Delete
  21. Im kind of hooked on diet Pepsi right now. Its bad! But its just so good! Especially when you're trying to eat healthy its like the one splurge you can have :) that dress is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of these sewing projects of yours, that's a talent im super jealous of!
    Glad I found your blog! It was so nice to meet you at apricot lane! I loved your outfit :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I'm your newest follower of course!

      Delete
    2. Totally! It's like, well at least it's better than cake right? And girl it was soo good to meet you again, I'd tell you I'm already following you too but I'm sure you already know that by all of the comments I give you, haha love your blog so much!

      Delete
  22. You are so adorable Haylee, as ever! (: Love reading about your adventures and can I just say (in case I never did) CONGRATS on being a Mood blogger. That is the biggest accomplishment and you totally deserve it. (:
    -
    Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mikayla! That is really sweet of you to say and honestly I'm still kind of in shock that they asked me. But hey free fabric, I'm not going to ask any questions! haha thanks so much cute girl.

      Delete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my blog! By the way, I adore that dress (and basically every single thing you sew)! We are indeed super similar! Cute blog (:

    I can't wait to read your future posts, following via blogloivn'!

    -Erica
    sincerely-ericamichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica that's so sweet of you to say, thank you!

      Delete
  24. Uh ya... Miley Cyrus' music video is awful! She is has officially gone nuts! Love the dress, the color looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I watched it in unbelief, just so trashy and just yuck. Ugh. On a lighter note though, thanks so much for saying that about the dress Kim!

      Delete
  25. I love this and thank you so much for linking up at http://myfashionforwardblog.com I hope to see you back when we go live tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, thanks for hosting it Leslie!

      Delete
  26. I like the quotes a lot!

    S&R
    http://etsy.com/shop/theRucksackRefinery

    New Post!
    http://www.cattaildown.com/my-blog/2013/07/cosmetic-pouch-essentials.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and see if I'd shared any quotes, haha I'm either going crazy or I'm just not sure what you're talking about!

      Delete
  27. Love reading about your thoughts, you are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved reading this and getting to know you better :)!!! Happy I got to MEET YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soo happy I got to meet you Alycia!! Sorry if I acted weird at all, I was seriously starstruck to meet you. haha but you are the biggest sweetheart ever and I hope to see you at another one sometime!

      Delete
  29. I have an eyelash curler! I'll definitely start heating it up first now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG I LOVE that dress, that is adorable. Gosh I wish I could make clothes like that, Im quite jealous of your talent! I too like we cant stop, I haven't told ANYONE though because im embarrassed, but it's nice to know Im not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your hairstyle with this dress is perfect.
    http://www.eozy.com/human-hair-extensions

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger