Sunday, June 30, 2013
Participating in this blog link-up thing today because Rylee nominated me and if that isn't the biggest compliment ever, I don't know what is! ha so here we go you guys..
1. spill. what's your guilty pleasure?
Lately diet soda. Guys I hate myself for this! I have never been into diet soda or soda in general until like the past month. But those darn Frescas at Brick Oven have got me hooked. Also Tinder, We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus (not the music video, yuck), and sleeping in big t-shirts with no pants on. hahaha you know we all do it.
2. hurry, take a quick piccy of your outfit today! name your favorite thing about what you're wearing or give us a little note about your personal style and what it means to you.
Oh look at me trying to be all nonchalant or something. haha I'm cringing at myself, but this is what I wore today and this dress holds a special place in my heart because it was one of the first dresses I made that I actually liked how it turned out.
3. any beauty secrets you're currently loving?
Ok so you know how you use that eyelash curler thing before you put on mascara? Well I recently figured out that if you heat it up first using your blow dryer (or straightener, or whatever's plugged in) then it will work a million times better. And this matters because properly curled eyelashes look SO much longer. I have been asked if I have fake eyelashes so many times lately and I swear it's because of this.
4. who has been the most inspiring person for you? why?
I'm going to switch this question up a little bit because I cannot decide between my brother and my parents so instead I am going to say 5 bloggers that inspire me. I figured other bloggers would be more interested in reading that anyways.
+ Grace. You know how there are those blogs where you just get so excited to get an update from? That is Grace's blog for me, this girl is amazing. Her photography is amazing, she's a pre-med/down to earth/model-look-alike all wrapped up into one and she had the most amazing wedding dress ever.
+ Barefoot Blonde. Amber is completely gorgeous, I think that part can go left unsaid. But she also responds to every. single. comment left on her blog! Or most of them at least. Guys her blog is huge, that takes a lot of time and dedication and I just think it's really cool. Shows that she's aware of her readers.
+ Rylee Blake. No it's not because of this award, she was already definitely on my list of top 10 favorite blogs. Why? Because she's so freaking real. Reading her blog is like talking to your best friend, it's awesome and so refreshing. I also love that she always has a "share the love" kind of attitude. If she knows something, she's going to share it. She doesn't keep all her amazing blog design knowledge to herself and I really appreciate that.
+ Cirque Du Bebe. Ok this girl, loove everything she makes. Sophie has a definite eye for design and her Tania Culottes make me seriously consider making some of my own. (Something I never thought I would say. But hey I said that with skinny jeans too so I guess that's not saying much.)
5. favorite song off the top of your head. don't think about it. just go (and provide a link if you can)!
Royals by Lorde thanks to the lovely CasiDee.
6. what's a personal trial that you've had to overcome?
I have a really hard time letting people into my life. I get scared so I put on a front, push people away, pretend to be real, you know the deal. This obviously sucks but I'm working on it and feel like I've gotten a bit better maybe? A little bit? I don't know, probably not. I really want to though, because I know rejection hurts but missing out entirely seems like it would be way worse.
Well not to end on such a negative note like that. Sorry about that you guys, but here are the lovely ladies that I'm wanting to get to know better.
Questions (feel free to pick and choose)..
1. Inspired by this post, what are some of your biggest social media pet peeves?
2. If someone gave you $100 today, how would you spend it? (Let's just say you can't save it or use it towards bills.)
3. Go into your history and make a list of all the things you've Googled in the past 24 hours. Yes EVERYTHING, this will be fun for some of you. (Like me who googles embarrassing things like who Chase Crawford's current girlfriend is. haha but that's what makes this question fun.)
4. What is a current trend that you just don't get?
5. What are you currently celebrating? Can be anything- big or small.
6. What are 3 things that you had to learn the hard way?
P.S. This is totally open to anyone who wants participate! Just leave a link down below because I don't want to miss out on your answers. :)