To Do Summer 2013

Monday, May 27, 2013





I feel like if I write these down I will be more likely to do them or something so we'll see how well that works out. haha

1. I guess it's only appropriate to start out with SewingOn the top of my To Do list is a white brocade skirtnightshirt, white dress, polka-dot dress, and lace dress. Why not just buy them? Because if I make them I can get them for FREE or close to it. Enough said. 

2. See a psychic for fun. 
I have a feeling my mom is going to really like this one. (haha if you know my mom at all you would know that she would NOT.)

3. Get my Etsy shop opened once and for all.
The trick now is to figure out what I want to sell. Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! 

4. Ride the Sundance ski lift moonlight ride.


5. Work on my darn photography skills
- or more accurately, DEVELOP them. haha, I want to learn how to shoot in manual mode and I also would love to learn some Photoshop. (Update: learned to shoot in manual mode! Obviously still trying to get better at it, but at least I know what all the weird photography lingo means now. Like ISO, for the longest time I was like what the huh?)

6. Comment on blogs more. 
I would just like to take this opportunity to give a big "I suck" to everyone who has left a comment for me in the past while. Usually my favorite part is being able to read your lovely blogs back but lately I just haven't had time. This will change! 

7. 
Stop at Fancy Tiger while I'm in Denver (going at the end of June! Probably..) Also Sputnik restaurant because they have a Photobooth and Wordshop Paperie.

8. 
 As for Utah restaurants- Blue LemonSammy'sand Agie's Raw foodsOh and Decadence Cafe because they have cocoa "coffee". As in not really coffee but made out of cocoa beans instead. Cool! (For people that don't understand the excitement of this, I'm Mormon and I've never had a Frappe. Enough said. haha)

9. Attend a blogger meet-up
If anyone knows of any around Provo/Salt Lake area let me know! So far I'm coming up with nothing. (Update: went to Apricot Lane's Blogger meet-up with the beautiful Bre'an of ST8 of Mind (I work with her at Brick Oven! Small world, huh?) and met Gentri, Rachel, Alycia, Jessi- guys I was completely star-struck!)

10. See Great Gatsby
- A little behind on the times with this one but I still want to see it so bad. Also Bling Ringand Wait Until Dark.

11. Show at a fashion show in August.
 There's this awesome group called RAW Artists that shows different independent artists every few months but I got overwhelmed at the thought of showing in June and decided to hold off and now I hate myself for that. But they have another show in August so I'm making it a goal to not back out on that one. You guys gotta hold me accountable on that.

12. Read T
he Guinea Pig Diaries, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and Man Search for Meaning. Completed The Guinea Pig Diaries, now onto the last two. 

13. Make a music video. Luckily I work with the most awesome people ever and we're already planning to do this at our next host party. Yay! 

14. 
I would love to say hike Timp on here but let's be honest, that's not going to happen. haha so I will instead put to try Yoga and Zumba and ideally do one (or both) of them regularly.

15. Boating! 
By the way, friends with boats, you're really really awesome. I just wanted you to know that.

16. Put Hogwarts admission letters into as many mailboxes as possible. 
haha seriously the best idea ever. I saw this in The Buried Life book once and it has been my life mission ever since. 

18. Drive-in movie. Yes guys they still exist. (Side note: I was so pumped to find that website. haha)




Alright now your turn, what would you like to do this Summer? I'm not just asking to ask by the way. I sincerely want to know!

43 comments:

  1. these are wonderful plans! please keep us posted on how it goes with them... my summer plans include a quick trip to france and painting my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trip to France!?? Oh my jealous out of my mind right now. You should post pictures once you've finished your apartment! What color are you thinking?

      Delete
  2. Fun to-do list! Mine includes giving my bedroom a makeover and going camping! My work is always crazy in the summer, and last year I moved, so I didn't have much fun, but this year I'm determined to take advantage of the nice weather and have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a bedroom makeover sounds exciting! You'll have to keep us updated on how things turn out. What is it that you do for work? That's a bummer that it keeps you busy in the Summer but at least then you never get bored right? ha I hope you're able to relax a bit more this Summer though. You definitely deserve it busy girl!

      Delete
  3. I'm planning on starting an etsy too! And I have wanted to go to a drive in movie for years. I have no clue why I haven't yet, but hopefully will this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way? Carly definitely send me a link when you do! That's awesome, what are you going to sell? And I wish you could just come to Utah and go with me to one! haha really though, that would be awesome.

      Delete
  4. You'll have to let me know if you find a blogger meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous list! I can't wait for you to open an etsy shop, seriously I will be all over it when you do. I bet you'll love The Great Gatsby..the fashion in it is truly amazing. Oh, and if you ever need someone to help you with photoshop let me know, it's all I've done the past year in school haha :) good luck with your list and hope it is an amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you're serious about that Photoshop thing because I just might be soo all over that in the near future. haha you're going to wish you didn't offer. ;) That's so cool you've been studying that in school though! You're studying Graphic Design right? I guess that would make sense, that's seriously really cool though and thanks for the support with the Etsy shop by the way. You're the sweetest Emma!

      Delete
  6. I hope you make that white brocade skirt. It's stunning. I think it would be simple to draft a pattern and construct. The skirt is about the fabric and not the complexity of the silhouette. If you don't make it, I might have to sew one myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it! I made a shortened version but it should be up on the blog soon. :) You should make a version too though Madalynne! Yours would undoubtedly be stunning and I bet you'd even be able to pull off the long version!

      Delete
  7. I need an etsy buddy so get on that! Also, you need to come to San Francisco and go to fashion school. That would be amazing! Plus, Angie is here now so you have all the more reason to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I would SO be down. I don't know if you've ever heard of the blog Cotton and Curls but that's where she's at right now and each time I get on her blog I get so unbelievably jealous! I can't believe you guys get to live there, not fair!

      Delete
  8. Can I do some of these things on your list with you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um is that even a question to ask? YES. In fact I may subconsciously already have planned you into my plan to do #8, 9, 14, and 15. ha so I'm glad you're down!

      Delete
  9. I love your blog! I'm so glad that I found you! I went to a blogging group for the first time last month called connective circle. If you look on eventbrite you should be able to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot about them! Thanks so much for the reminder Ashley and thanks also for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Love every single one of these! I will be first in line for your Etsy shop grand opening, believe me. I have missed reading your blog so much. I need to read and comment more also. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikayla you are the sweetest, I miss talking to you more! We still need to have get together sometime to have lunch or something. I haven't let you off the hook from that! ;)

      Delete
  11. great list. I love the sundance moonlight lift ride! and I really want to go to a drive-in movie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I know I was seriously so excited when I saw that they still had Drive-In movies, who knew?

      Delete
  12. I am going to go to Provo (I live in WAshington State) to attend summer term at BYU! I hope to get some sewing done. I enjoy your blog, and I follow the Mood Blogposts, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should meet up while you're here! I'm serious Becky, I'd love to. I can show you the ins and outs of Provo or at least the ones I know about at least. ha will it be your first time here? Fun! Provo in the Summer time is really fun, you're going to love it. What are you going to be studying at BYU?

      Delete
  13. What a great list! I am with you on number 1 and 6! Since having a baby it's been hard for me to blog yet alone even comment. I'm one of those girls who tends to read posts in the middle of the night in between nursing sessions haha. Also, I really want to get back into sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I totally do that too and I don't even have a baby! Well obviously not the nursing part.. haha but the reading blogs at odd hours of the night is totally me. Hey at least you're getting a lot done with your time right? Also if you start back up in sewing be sure to blog about it! I'm in love with everything you make. Seriously you give me the biggest inspiration to thrift more.

      Delete
  14. love the projects you have lined up! can't wait to see that brocade skirt!

    I want to find a job in which i will get to use my degree (political science)
    stock up my etsy shop
    start studying for the LSATs

    that's pretty much it!


    sewnbymaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria I had no idea you wanted to go to law school, that's awesome! Wow seriously that's really cool, good luck with the job hunt and with studying for the test.
      Also thanks for saying that about the brocade skirt, that makes me super excited because that's the one I ended up making first so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loved the inspiration picture.

      Delete
  15. LOVE that list!!! I hope you get to do it all! Happy sewing!

    -Bree @ aBree Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. i hope you get to do it all, i really adore your blog!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am doing a Blog Giveaway if you are interested :)

    http://girlaboutchelts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/gac-giveaway_30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I would have seen this sooner, darn!

      Delete
  18. Please, go see The Great Gatsby as soon as possible. I keep raving about it to everyone that'll hear me. It is one of the best movies I've seen this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN IT. Oh my gosh what is wrong with me. Seriously though, I need to see this dang movie. I just keep stalling because no one I know who hasn't already seen it wants to go see it. (Did that make any sense? haha) Too bad I can't get you to go see it with me! Florida and Utah need to be closer together.

      Delete
  19. I'll help you as much as I can with #5 and there is a psychic 2 blocks from me that you can go see! I'll distract mom and you can sneak away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ang seriously?? K next time I'm out there I really want to go. To add to the million and one reasons why I need to come and visit you again!

      Delete
  20. OMG I love that hogwarts idea! That would literally make my life to get one unexpectedly like that. I used to go to the drive in all the time when I was younger, there was one right down the road before they tore it down. I hope you get to go to one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Becca I totally thought of you when I saw it. I'll have to let you know if I ever end up doing it.
      Speaking of, HOW WAS HARRY POTTER WORLD!? So amazing right?

      Delete
  21. Love your blog! And stole your button :) Grab mine if you feel like it. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I already did, haha I love that we're on the same wavelength. :) I also LOVE your button, oh my gosh. Thanks for your sweet comments by the way!

      Delete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger