Blank Canvas

Thursday, May 16, 2013


 photo Desktop21_zps06edef58.jpg

Ok so let me preface this by saying that I know these are not a big deal. But they were much needed and when are bags ever not a good idea? Really though.

 photo IMG_0085unedited_zps7f4623b3.jpg

I used this canvas fabric from Mood Fabrics, and then Megan Nielsen's tote bag tutorial. (The one on the right is the 'thicker straps' version and the one on the left is the original). The fabric was cool because it had a different texture on each side, so I ended up making two bags- one with the more smooth texture facing out, and then one with the bumpy side (like pictured below).

 photo IMG_0102_zpsbf0d0030.jpg

So ya these are slightly boring and monotonous but at the same time, guys, bags are awesome!! Now I can officially go to the library without looking like an idiot carrying 5 books in one hand. haha really though.

Oh before I go, the winner of the Colette Pattern Giveaway is....

Whitney A

Congrats girl! Also I apologize but I cannot for the life of me figure out how Google + works so if you could send me your address I will go ahead and get this pattern sent to you. :)

21 comments:

  1. Haylee! I need your address because I want to send you something. Text it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have been in search of a good tote tutorial to take to and from my nanny job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the best things I make are simple and boring but very needed and loved. It looks great though and I really, really love that it is plain with no print (weird huh?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's so simple and casual but so lovely. I didn't know about this tutorial Megan had so thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tote is totally amazing! it is simple but has such class. Really nice job!! :)

      Delete
  7. These are so pretty and classic! I like so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bags are NEVER boring! Ever! That's like saying chocolate cake is just ok. :) I love that you did two versions with the double-sided fabric. They're the perfect cary-all bags. I could certainly use one of these lovelies myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely not boring! Plus, I think plain projects really shows off your sewing chops. You can afford to have a slightly iffy hem on a print, but there's nowhere to hide on a solid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not that it's the focus of this post, but I like your outfit! I might try a nail polish look inspired by it! Also, cool bags ;)

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blog's new look! I see something very big in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love the outfit....You know what would be even more fun? Some polka dots on the bag:) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about this outfit! The navy and mint look amazing together. Are you on Bloglovin? Would love to follow. Glad you liked the Veronica Falls song. Found out about them recently, and I'm completely obsessed.

    www.thischarmingwanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this outfit! The navy and mint look amazing together. Are you on Bloglovin? Would love to follow. Glad you liked the Veronica Falls song. Found out about them recently, and I'm completely obsessed.

    www.thischarmingwanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Jessica, thank you! And I seriously have had that song on repeat ever since your blog. ha so seriously big THANK YOU for that. Yes I am on Bloglovin'! Here's a link to my page: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2073417
      :)

      Delete
  15. This bag looks simple and elegant.
    http://www.eozy.com/bags-wallets

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger