Sewn : Valentine's Day Oven Mitts

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of obsessed with Valentine's Day. 
I don't know what it is, there's just something about it that makes me happy. 
And no it's definitely not the flowers and box of chocolates that I'm expecting from a boyfriend. ha that's definitely not it. (Though if any guys are reading this. I wouldn't object or anything. ;)
No, it's the whole atmosphere that I like.
That's why I'm starting my Valentine's Day sewing projects like three weeks in advance.



More time to celebrate!
These are oven mitts by the way, via the Queen of all things Holiday.
They are kind of like really poorly sewn but I guess that's what I get for following a Martha Stewart tutorial. I swear her things NEVER turn out as good as they look in the pictures.

Oh well it's the thought that counts right? And my mama will appreciate these no matter how bad they look.

What's your favorite holiday?

8 comments:

  1. wow, you really are getting in early! i love how they turned out, very cute. not sure what you mean about poorly sewn, because they look perfectly fine to me :) i'm sure your mum will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I'm pretty partial to the Fourth of July, but Valentines Day is a close second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so lovely, i probably should make some after burning my thumb taking muffins out of the ovens because I just use cloths ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first came across your blog when I was looking for dress patterns online. I've been talking about making my own clothes for a long time but I never actually sat down and did it. Well I was so inspired by you this morning that I left for work a little early and finally bought the fabric and dress pattern I've been needing to get started on!
    I love these oven mits, but I'm especially in love with all of your dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave them a try too. You're right! They NEVER turn out as good as they look in the pictures. hahaha
    Yours look cute though, well, better than mine I suppose. It was the first time that I've ever sewn a bias tape and I made a mess. You can take a look here:
    http://anzouyaspool.blogspot.com/2012/01/heart-shaped-pot-holders.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bow before you!!! SERIOUSLY!
    I've been trying to learn how to sew through online tutorials. I have improved but I'm struggling with it and at times I want to give up because usually nothing turns as good as I want and now I realized that you are sewing all these amazing stuff with one hand. I'm IMPRESSED, INSPIRED and MOTIVATED! YOU ARE AMAZING!
    THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved using this hot pad for at Valentine's time. It was a great pad and so fun to have for a holiday. Thanks so much, Haylee. I love you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely.
    http://www.eozy.com/kids-products

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger