Sewn : Bat Halloween Costume

Monday, October 31, 2011

Brownie points for anyone who can guess what I am..


(I'm a bat! haha, I'm not sure if it's obvious or not.)

This costume was SO easy to make. I just took black felt and boning and made bat wings out of it, and then sewed them onto a black hoodie. Not the fanciest thing ever but it is both warm and comfy, so I'm sold.


And it's kind of cool because the boning helps hold up my sleeve so it makes it look like I have two arms! ha, or two wings I guess I should say.

I hope everyone has fun trick-or-treating/partying/handing out candy tonight. I will be thinking of how much fun you're having while I am sitting in CLASS. Seriously though, I am so bugged out of my mind. I'm hoping if I wear my costume, my teacher will give me extra credit or something. ha,  I probably shouldn't count on it though. 

Happy Halloween everyone!

21 comments:

  1. I love it! how creative!! Seriously! :D You better get extra credit! :) So when are we going to have a get together?! Would you be interested in coming to a YSA blogger get together? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I got extra credit in Italian class for dressing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was so saying in my head "A BAT!" before i read your caption haha. so i get brownie points =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha you are so creative! Bummer you have to be in class. I got to hand out candy to the little kids in our neighborhood, which was actually pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute! i am always amazed at the creative things you sew up. school on halloween was definitely no fun. the only plus side was seeing kids (read college-age students) dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, girl! You are too cute (and too pretty)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And along with now following you, I really wish you made my clothes! They are all amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute, and even better that you made it yourself :) And you are gorgeous Haylee! I'm jealous that you were able to wear shorts on halloween, it snowed here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your bat costume! Such a cute idea, Haylee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haylee, i've been such a poor bloggy friend and have kinda missed the boat on timing here but gosh you sure did a grand job on the costume! i LOVE it and those pics really are great, showing all the rad details....very, very cute! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your in Provo? I'm in Provo!!

    I love this little costume.

    And that pink skirt below? Obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha girl! this is super cute. such a simple yet adorable idea :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really love your batwing top dear, it is so gorgeous. you look stunning indeed! and envy your skinny body :( i love your blog. xx

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Emme (http://everythingemmetaylor.blogspot.com) just shared this link with me, obviously I'm obsessed with bats! This is fantastic, I'm DEFINITELY making one to wear year round! I just posted my bat flip flops today, I.hope you will check them out :)
    http://mommymakesthingspretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I found your blog through Craftster and the things you make are awesome!! Very much in love with these batwings I must admit :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your shirt looks so handsome.
    http://www.eozy.com/tops

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger