Sewn : Strawberry Sherbet Baby Dress

Saturday, August 27, 2011

K first of all, if your name is Angie and you are pregnant, you need to stop reading this now!!!


Ok now that we've gotten that out of the way,
My older sister (Angie) is pregnant with her first! And she's having a girl. So of course I'm taking this opportunity to make baby clothes.



I decided to make this dress after seeing a really similar one at Nordstrom and not wanting to pay the $40 price tag. I also wasn't much a fan of the 3-tone color palette so I decided I'd just make my own.



I used Simplicity 2460 and then just made a few tweaks here and there. For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, the dress probably looks similar to the swimsuit I made for my other niece. I hope they don't mind matching! ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Haylee! That is so cute! I love seeing all of your projects, you do some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're amazing... So completely adorable. Also.. congratulations on almost being an aunt (well, to a new little one, that is : ) )!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're gonna be so sweet aunt, Haylee :) This dress is very very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!! This is one lucky little child!
    S. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a sister to make me cute baby clothes! Oh wait, I don't have kids, silly me...
    Great job, it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haylee!! My heart just melted. Seriously. This is the cutest thing ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, such a sweet little dress! you're going to be a favourite auntie! :)

    just wanted to let you know I awarded you the versatile blogger award and i hope you can accept it (see my blog for details) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO EXCITING! you are so talented girl (I've said it before and I'll continue to say it...haha) this dress is so beautiful, turned out better than the inspiration!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your a doll this is amazing.
    please follow my blog
    http://hipandyoung.blogspot.com/
    thanks dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe Haylee, so cute! love the dress you made and the pre-warning to your sister who could be on the lurk-out for what's going on behind the scenes. ; )

    your family must be thrilled with the upcoming arrival of her little girl and i can tell it's on your mind too, dreamy and feminine creation. i can never get over just how talented and creative you are! happy loooong weekend, hope it's a blast lades. xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just too adorable! Your niece is going to be truly lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful dress! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi again lovie, just wanted to send you a quick note to say you won 2nd prize in the giveaway and i just need your address to send you the darling popsicle temp tattoo. xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is adorable! You are so very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is a beautiful piece of skirt.
    http://www.eozy.com/dresses

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger